Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rocky Horror Picture Show

Last night I ventured off to the Rocky Horror Picture Show. You know.. one of those midnight showings with audience participation. If you've never heard of this it's when a theater shows the film, but people act out the movie onstage, the audience shouts back lines, people throw things like rice, toast, cards, and toilet paper during certain scenes, and you can even dress up as the characters. I remember back in high school my friends went but I never wanted to go because I always thought it would be scary and uncomfortable. But, I'm over that and now I'm all about trying new things, so I decided to go. Plus, my love for movies urged me to go and see it.

The theater they held the movie in was really amazing- it was from 1928 and it was one of the first theaters to show "talkies" (movies with words and sound)! The movie was strange but also pretty amusing. The acting by the cast members was.. different. Yes, it was a little uncomfortable because there are cast members walking up and down the aisles yelling things and cursing, men wearing garters, people throwing rolls of toilet paper in your face. It was also kind of fun and an unusual experience. I liked dancing to the Time Warp. The only part I didn't like was the fact that I could barely ever hear the movie. Overall, an interesting experience to remember!

Au Revoir xx

1 comments:

Ima said...

heey, cool blog you have here :D