Monday, May 25, 2009

My Favorite Actors and Actresses

I now officially have three weeks off, with absolutely nothing to do. This a very rare opportunity that I need to cherish by 1) watching as many movies as I can 2) selling things on ebay so it's not a complete waste of time 3) read as many of my "books to read in 2009" and 4) exercising.. ugh!

Now on to my fave actors and actresses.. my favorite actor is James Stewart. The first movie I saw him in was of course It's a Wonderful Life. But, it was really Harvey that did it for me. I also really enjoyed him in some of Alfred Hitchcock's movies like Vertigo, Rear Window, Rope, etc. Oh, and who can't forget The Shop Around the Corner. Runners up are Robert Downey Jr., as a lover of Romantic comedies he's been in some of my faves, Cary Grant, and Johnny Depp.



As you may have guessed my favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn. No need for explanation, girl could do anything! Some of my other favorites are Kate Winslet and Meryl Streep. This is just a short list of course.. I could go on forever!

I am always fascinated by AFI's (American Film Institute) lists. I found this one of 100 greatest stars. Here are their top 3 men and women.


Men
1. Humphrey Bogart
2. Cary Grant
3. James Stewart

Women
1. Katharine Hepburn
2. Bette Davis
3. Audrey Hepburn

Do you agree with AFI's lists?
Au Revoir xx

1 comments:

alissa said...

enjoy your time off! i love your new header by the way!