Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Birds!

Sometimes there are movies that have special meaning to us. One movie that has special meaning for me is The Birds. Here's why... back in the day when my family would take vacations together we would travel up and down the California coast. We would often stay in a little town in Central California called Cambria (it's my mom's favorite). Well one night we decided to watch one of the movies the hotel had to offer on VHS (remember those? haha). We chose The Birds because the movie was filmed around where we were staying and the Bay Area, which we were going to the next day. Ok, I know this is an Alfred Hitchcock movie.. but I can say we thought this movie was more funny than it was scary. Something about birds attacking people is just funny. But, don't get me wrong it is still kind of scary.. I have never looked at crows the same way again. I feel as if they could attack any moment. After that time when we watched The Birds, every time we have gone back to Cambria we have watched it.



Are there any movies that have special meaning to you? Or bring up good memories watching?

Au Revoir xx

2 comments:

alissa said...

ooo im with you - that movie was kind of funny...but also a little freaky!

i love your explanation from your blog! i adore jane austen, i still cant believe her talent - and how her books translate so amazingly so many years later.

Farah said...

yeah the birds was a little bit funny. but yeah crows in general, creepy lil birds they are!